Friday, June 22, 2018


September 22, 2016



          “You are My friend.  I have so few friends on earth.  Many souls are acquaintances, many souls are, as it were, employed by Me, many souls speak My name, but few souls are My friends.  Friends spend quality time together getting to know each other.  How else can you get to know Me if you do not spend time alone with Me?

          What is a friend?  A friend listens, a friend empathizes, a friend understands, a friend gives of herself, a friend is loyal and true, a friend is available in time of need.  My friends are interested in My plans, My guidance, My thoughts.

          Acquaintances pass by in the night, but friends stick closer than a brother.  To draw near to My heart is to become My friend.  I can speak freely to a friend.  I can guide and direct a friend without disturbance.  I can count on a friend.

          To be a friend of God is no small thing!  It is an oasis in a desert land.  It is refreshment in the arid seasons of life.

          My friend, will you trust Me when trials burden your spirit?  Will you stay by My side, docile to all I bring into your life?  Will you bring joy to My heart as you joyfully surrender all of yourself to Me?  Will you wait patiently for the leading of your gentle Friend in all things?  Will you trust and not be afraid?

          Friends walk together in harmonious agreement.  Stay by My side in love as all things unfold in your life.  You know that I have been faithful to our friendship, that I have never let you down.

          My forever friend, how I love you!  It hurts My heart to see you worry and fret.  I know what I am doing in your regard.  Trust Me on this!  I am working behind the scenes.  Trust, rest, and be full of joy, for you are truly My friend, one of My best friends.”



Lovingly, Jesus,

Your Friend for Life

No comments:

Post a Comment