Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Prayer I say every day after Holy Communion

DivineSavior,transform me into Yourself.
May my feet be your feet.
May my hands be your hands.
May my eyes be Your eyes.
May my ears be Your ears.
May my mouth be Your mouth – “Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth.”
May my mind think Your thoughts.
May my perspective be Your heavenly perspective.
Grant that every faculty of my body may serve only to glorify you.
Above all, transform my soul and all its powers that my memory, my will, and my affections may be the memory, the will, and the affections of You.
I beg You to destroy everything in me that is not of You.
I pray that I may live in complete union with you so that I may say with St. Paul, “I live, but not I; Christ lives in me.”


The above prayer was written by St. John Gabriel Perboyre
(1802-1840)

The "Letters from Heaven"
book series is dedicated to
Father Perboyre, a missionay priest brutally tortured and martyred for his faith in China.



No comments:

Post a Comment