Wednesday, August 20, 2014


January 25, 2014
 
          “It takes great renunciation to keep yourself from being distracted by all that is in the world.  Souls struggle with this all the days of their lives.  The secret to intimacy with Me, to fruitful living, is to fall in love with Me.

          How do you fall in love with God?  By spending time with Me, by exploring My interests, by talking freely to Me, by listening to Me.  Love grows in the moments of friendship and appreciation.  How can you love someone you barely know?  How many souls call themselves Christians, My followers, yet they barely know Me.  They are like the mixed multitude that followed the Israelites out of Egypt.  They were not part of My people, yet they tagged along.  They were delivered from bondage, but were never the chosen ones.

          My name is on their lips, but their hearts are far from Me.  I am not a part of their day.  I am something they think about on Sunday.  There is too much noise and distraction for them to ever hear My voice.  They are living in the world, enraptured every day by new ideas, new plans, ever eager for new adventures on earth.  The spiritual language is unknown to them, for they never speak it.  They speak ‘earth talk’ very proficiently.  They know very little about what is going on in the spiritual realm.  They are babies in faith, infants in grace, wasting precious time given them to inherit eternal treasures.

          My grace calls them in many ways – inspirations, holy encounters, earth’s beauty, circumstances, tragedies.  They may turn their step to heavenly paths for a time, but the earth calls them incessantly and they resume their earth walk, devoid of the Spirit’s power.  They know all the right words and are basically good people, but I am not a part of their lives.

          I walk alone with a very small band of friends.  They are few and far between.  Their fidelity to Me soothes My wounded heart.

          I am a forsaken Lover.  I have given My all, but receive no response from those that call Me Savior.  This is the truth.”

 
Jesus, Heartbroken

No comments:

Post a Comment